Organic extra virgin olive oil with lycopene extracted mechanically from organic tomatoes.
Suave and delicate taste in the mouth, with touches and aroma of ripe tomato and nuts such as walnut and pistachio.
Use and pairing with Pasta, Toast, Salads, Pizza, Fish
Expiry date: 29 August 2019
What is Organic Lycopene?
Organic Lycopene is a very powerful natural antioxidant, which belongs to the family of the carotenoids and has very beneficial properties for our health, because it protects cells of the human body from oxidative stress. It is present in certain fruits and vegetables, one of the foods richest in it being organic tomatoes.
When we eat fresh tomato, we can only assimilate a small quantity of Lycopene (barely 1%). Nevertheless, when it is diluted in a fat, such as Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, we can assimilate all of it.
Benefits of Organic Lycopene
1. Potent antioxidant effect: it delays the signs of ageing and helps to protect the skin from the sun.
2. Prevents degenerative conditions: it may be beneficial in macular degeneration syndrome, the principal cause of blindness in the elderly.
3. Reduces levels of cholesterol, so lowering the chances of suffering cardiovascular diseases.
4. Has anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Notable reduction in the incidence of certain cancerous pathologies: lung, colon, digestive tract, and especially the prostate gland.
6. Prevents problems of infertility.
7. Strengthens the immune system: increases and reinforces our defences.
Innovation: Worldwide Patent for FITO-LIFE Method of Extraction:
Telena offers an exclusive product, Extra Virgin Olive Oil enriched with Organic Tomato Lycopene.
Our product is made using a production system patented worldwide, the FITO-LIFE method, consisting of a revolutionary way to extract lycopene (Fluid-Mechanical Extraction).
We can summarise the main advantages of this method over other lycopene extraction systems currently in use as:
1. Absence of chemical solvents.
2. Rapidity of extraction.
3. Lower energy consumption.
4. Moderate temperatures of extraction.
5. No contaminating waste.